07 March 2008

I Got the Job

Had my second interview with the client, the agency had told me I pretty much had the job but he was making it sound like he still was interviewing others which gradually changed to me be in the position by the end. So I just came out and said to him "Well how many others got a second interview" which he sheepishly replied only you but he couldn't make a decision until after the weekend. I worried all the way home thinking that I probably had pushed a bit too far, but by the time I had got home the agency had rung to say he was happy for me to start subject to reference checks. As he is putting me on as a Temp to begin with I don't see what he is worried about, but he has worked on his own for 10 years so he is probably a bit weary of someone coming in and taking over his space.

The picture today is of Gail Pan's Seasons Block 1. It looks a bit washy in this photo and I have added some new colours in the stitching for the next block and all subsequent blocks because I thought it needed a bit more variety.

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Congrats on the new job I hope it works out well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job, I just love the quilt you are working on and it looks even more lovely when you look at the larger picture,

Pam x
fromthecraftroom.blog

Gail said...

Congrats on the new job....and I love the block you have done..can't wait to see it in July!