06 May 2008

Photography Failure

I am doing a photography course at WEA started last week and went again last night. We had to lay our photo's out and the whole class walked around. Most of the class had all these artistic shots, I felt mine were a bit lacking.... but after last nights class I think I know what I could have done to make my pictures at the exhibition easier to take, so next time I should be ready.

This weekend was rush rush rush. Nuts on Friday night, got up early and had breaky down the local cafe with hubby as kids stayed at Nana's and then off to the Native Plant Sale at the Show Grounds. Got some more Geralton Wax plants to put in and some Westeria (Native rosemary), which both grow like weeds in our semi coastal conditions. Sunday was a 4 hour workshop on Shiva paintstiks, what a great workshop, took far too much fabric and spent far to much money (on more paintstiks). And of course I want more paint stiks I have most of the iridescent now I want the matte ones (and there are more of them). Its was run by Susan from Essential Textile Art and it was just great. There are just so many possibilities that I want to explore. Will post some pictures when I unpack my bag and find them.

No comments: