06 August 2008

No 1 Finished


Here is my version of Sally which was Rosalie Quinlan's project, my daughter has grabbed her and declared her hers so this is probably the best she will look and it will all be down hill from here. I have also finished the needle case and scissor keep from Gail's project but I have given that away as a birthday pressie so will have to make another for me.

Have had some failures with my ornies and scrapped my original "winged things" design and have started again with new bodies. Halloween is starting to come together hopefully I can get them all stuffed during the week and start painting on the weekend to make them all lovely and prim. Then it will wrap and label them and send them they have a long way to travel this time. I also have a couple of birthday swaps to come up with in the next few weeks so will be busy with things to give away and then I suppose I will have to start thinking about Christmas.

I did some major damage at the Fat Quarter Shop this week ordering a couple of Jelly Rolls and the fabulous Michael Miller Black and White Box set. The Jelly Rolls are for one of Viv's patterns and the Black and Whites are to do another version of Leanne's Loxton Vines for my son.

4 comments:

Leanne said...

Well done she look very cute.... I have nearly finished her...and viv's thread bin.

Lorraine said...

I have started on Viv's sampler and the dolly is finished....I have been tempted by the Michael Miller black and white pack to start Mark's quilt...and think I may just have to get it...!! was thinking the vines pattern also....and as he is wanting it all black and white the vines will be black....or white...but I think black will be more serviceable for him....! he is a boy after all!!

Sue said...

Your Sally is just gorgeous, Im sure there is a little girl in the wings just wanting to get a hold of her. Well done on the finishes. Guess what I still plodding along. Cheers S

Dawn said...

She looks lovely - I've finished mine (cut out 4 more) and half way on those vines but have had a few projects to finish 1st. Viv's stitchery is a long way off.....only cut out and traced....
Have a great weekend,
Hugs
Dawn x