20 February 2009

A little bit of drawing


I did some shopping yesterday, I just had a feeling that Hetties would have some bolts of fabric that was after.  The fabric was Swanky by Chez Moi and I gave myself a jelly roll and layer cake at Christmas so I thought now would be the time that the bolts would be arriving and I was right.  You don't get the full picture when you buy jelly rolls, it just isn't the same but the fabric on the bolt well....mmmmmmm love it.  Well I just loved some of the bigger prints so i decided on one and got 2m of it then a couple of half metres of two others....might go back for some more after I finish the quilt in my head.  As I was getting the fabrics ready for the picture I spied the stripe that I bought last week when I was at Patchwork by Sea and I think it will work very well with the fabrics as well.

I think the quilt will involve hexagons.  The background is white on some of the prints so I am going include lots of lovely white which I am really into at the moment... thank you Janelle and Don't Look Know.  Then I have to work out what other types of blocks to do might have to crank up EQ which I haven't used forever.  

With all this in mind I did a little drawing last night, I have been scared off drawing  because my last efforts weren't what I thought good enough.  Although the page turned out quite messy in the end I was happy with what I came up with.   

No comments: