22 July 2009

Playing with Wool and the Dye pots


My fingers have a slight blue tinge I should have put the gloves on when I was doing the rinsing but you know I was just going to do one or two and leave the rest for tomorrow but then I had to see what they all looked like so now the slight blue tinge and a lovely bundle of wool is ready.

Here is the before shot, I couldn't get cream wool the closest I could get was a light grey.


But from these humble beginnings I got these yummy colours. The fabrics in the top photo are Drs Flannel which has a looser weave than the other wool and didn't felt as well, but the colours are clearer as it was cream to start with. I'll give it a go and see how it works on some projects though. The bottom photo is the wool pictured above. I am happy with them not with the fact that I ended up with a heap of orange though. That what happens when the kids get involved and I am trying to keep them from being head to toe in a colour other than what they naturally come in. Might overdye a couple a darker red if I get a chance today.




4 comments:

cathypentonatelier said...

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog...My daughter is 16 so they don't really want to take them out but will just see how things go...After 4 days she is looking a little better this morning but she is also an asthmatic so is having a bit of trouble with her chest...All I can say is bring on Spring lol!!!! Let me know if you would like me to order a bracelet or you would like more details...Thanks so much Cathy

Rustic Tarts said...

They look lovely - what are you going to make with them?

Terry said...

Your wools are lovely! I can't wait to try my hand at working with some! Enjoy your day! :0)

Leanne said...

They look fantastic can I come and play.