25 January 2010

Back to Work

I'm back at work today.  Don't know if it is too soon, but as I pretty much sit at a desk for just 4 hours I think it will be ok.  Hubby is going to drop me off and pick me up and help me run the morning and end of day errands for the first week.

After my vent yesterday I managed to quilt for at least 3 hours yesterday with only two thread breakages, so maybe in that section there was just too much glue baste.  I still have to go back to that bit to finish to the borders but hopefully the glue was only heavy in the centre where the applique was .. fingers crossed.  So far the otherside of the tree is behaving itself.  The centre of the quilt is probably two thirds done now I want that section done first because I know once I start doing all the background my swirls are going to start getting bigger and it would be more balanced if this was done gradually.

I am planning to go to this in March.  Now that all the designers are finalised for the Bazaar their blog has a little snippet of what can be expected I think I had better save my pennies from now until then.  If you are in Adelaide it will be worth a visit.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Glad to hear you got some more quilting done without too many hassles ... so glue basting is not really a good idea. Will have to see if I can get to the Bowerbird Bazaar, not too sure as yet but will let you know. Take it easy and have a gentle week. Cheers S

Leanne said...

I can't believe you are back to work. Take it slowly....... remember.