13 May 2010

Lovely Day

I had a lovely day today.  I had to go to town to the dentist and decided that I would try again the park n ride on the tram and it was just such a lovely start to the day.  I was in the centre of town in no time, had half an hour to kill before my appointment so I headed to Spotlight because I needed some more thread boxes for my new cosmo threads.  I also found that they had sulky variegate thread for machine embroidery (you can use it for hand embroidery as well) but I thought it would be good for quilting the quilt I have been working on the last few months.

I am doing a little mini dyeing workshop on Sunday and we/I wanted to try and do some varigeted thread.  I have some stranded cotton on order but it doesn't look like it is going to get here but I found these spools of fine perle thread at spotty and there is a ball of bamboo thread that looks like it will separate into separate threads so worth a go.

The ribbons in the front of the picture are my purchase from ribbons galore every time they email me with a sale I have to have some more.  They are to precious to use yet though have to mature a bit longer lol.  If squid is very nice to me I might let her borrow some.... might.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

I'm pretty sure lovely day and dentist don't go in the same sentence. LOL