05 November 2010

Favourite Things Friday


Sorry you are only going to get an outside view of my room.  Inside it looks like the fabric monster threw up, I have too many projects on the go and there is stuff everywhere.  But this is my Favourite Thing for this week my sewing room or should I say Quilt Studio.  It is full to overflowing, but at least I can shut the door and not worry about the mess.  

When we bought the house my husband said this could be his shed, I said no way there is a carpet in there so it has to be my sewing room, I think he agreed because he thought that that would keep my "crap" as he likes to call it out of the house.  12+ years later he has given up on that hope.

My only wish is that it could be like the Tardis and be bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside but I suppose that isn't going to happen.  So I might have to have another clean out or maybe I just need to learn how to be less messy when I create or not start so many projects all at once.  Can't see that happening any time soon.

Check out Mrs P for more FTF.

8 comments:

Marg said...

You lucky thing, that would be awesome to have, I would love to have a studio to work in. In fact I do have a fabulous studio I could use but it is so far from the house I need to take a packed lunch! I tried putting all my stuff up there which was great as it was out of the house, but then I never used it, especially at night, so it's all back in the house again.
Unfortunately most of the time creating = mess!

Kate said...

Looks like you have a slice of heaven. It is wonderful to be able to play, then shut the door.

This may sound odd, but I really like the screen door you have on your studio. Maybe it's the color contrast with the siding.

Larri said...

Wow! Your own, private home away from home. I'm jealous, truly green with envy. I have a room, but it's inside the house, where anyone can enter and bother me! LOL

PS...I totally got the Dr. Who analogy! :o) Happy FTF!

Shevvy said...

I'm also full of envy, it would be lovely to have a dedicated space that isn't doubling as something else like my dining room/sewing room/ library.
Good for you on grabbing it and holding on.

Paulette said...

I have a strong stomach and can handle fabric throw-up, no problem. But from the outside, it looks like a great place to be. I laughed about the Tardis.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

that is so great that you have your own space!

I can see why it's your favourite thing! When it's cleaned up, can we see the inside?

Shay said...

Ok I am completely jealous. I had no idea you had your own place to sew. Away from everyone else. (Thats the key here )

It's a bit like Bluebeards chamber now Amanda....we all want to see inside.

I know the level of creativty that goes on in that room. It's completely awe inspiring.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

I am sure if I had my own creating/sewing room my stuff would still be all over the kitchen table!!!

I could hide away from the kids in it tho ;-)