28 January 2011

Favourite Things Friday

Thought I might get in early, it's Squid's birthday today and I am waiting for her to get up so we can have the present frenzie.  It was going to be Squid in honor of her birthday but I have decided to make it family outing at the beach because I have pictures of that.  The beach is 2 minutes down the road by car or a 20 min walk or a 10 minute bike ride (I do the walk I have a absolute fear of riding a bike so that doesn't happen but the kids and hubby do the riding thing).




These pictures are from Australia Day, we don't generally celebrate Australia Day in this house, I know it isn't very patriotic but it just isn't a thing that we have ever done.  So with a day of nothing on we just pottered round the house until about 5pm when hubby piped up with "lets go to the beach".   It was one of those magic evenings with lots of good body surfing waves which you don't get very often down at Grange (never according to DH).  They didn't want to leave they were having so much fun and the waves were pushing them right down the beach.  Everyone slept well that night.

Want to see more FTF head on over to Mrs P

17 comments:

Shay said...

It was the perfect day for the beach wasn't it? Great pictures of a fun time. Love the beach at sunset.

Happy Birthday Squid. Enjoy your day.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

waaaahhhh - I want to live near the beach! I'd also like to have warm weather for said beach - is that too much to ask for? :)

Glad you had a fun day!!

Sara said...

I was stuck working Australia day, but I went of a very Australian pub crawl afterwards, and listened to a lot of Barnsey on the jukebox.

Paulette said...

That's the kind of day dreams are made of, especially in the middle of a cold winter! Looks like a lot of fun!

Marg said...

That looks so good, I'm don't live far from the beach but very rarely go, it's bad I know!
Glad you had a nice evening, that's one of the things I love about summer - the lovely warm evenings.

KimT said...

sounds and looks like a perfect day!

thea said...

I love the beach. We live about an hour away but we never go. Love your pics, looks like you had a great time!

Kirsten said...

Well that would be my favourite too...it´s about 4 hrs to the beach from here...hardly any waves there...Ienvy you

Larri said...

Oh...such beauty you have down the lane from your home! How fortunate. We're seriously considering a move to the beach...Atlantic Ocean side that is. :o)

Fabulous favourite! Happy FTF!

PS...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SQUID!

Unknown said...

It just doesn't get any better. Do you realize how lucky you are? Here in Canada, it's winter, it's freezing and we are wishing for a day at the beach...fabulous photos too.
And happy birthday to the kid!

Alisa said...

What a great favorite. Love when we get family time like that. Sort of spur of the moment! Happy Birthday to Squid!

Kate said...

Looks like great fun! Hope Squid had a happy birthday. In TX we lived about 15 minutes from the beach. Kiddo still misses it.

Marg said...

I can't believe I forgot to say Happy Birthday to Squid.
Happy Birthday Squid I do hope you had a lovely day.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

Your beach looks perfect and you must have gone just at the right time. My dad sent me an email with a photo of all the people at Bondi Beach for Australia Day.....you couldn't move for people!!! Mum and Dad live near the beach in Sydney and I miss being able to walk down for a swim :-)

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Ahh, fun and favorite go hand in hand. I'm glad you had such a good time. Happy belated b-day to Squid.

Kris said...

I always knew the Squid was a good sort. She and I share a birthday. Happy birthday Squid! I hope it was a good one for you. I had a lovely day.

Yes, Grange is a lovely beach. When we lived at Woodville Park (in another lifetime) it was our beach of choice. Thanks for sharing the photos!!!

Shevvy said...

I would love to be that close to the beach, as long as it was also close to a city for all the conveniences!