01 April 2011

Favourite Things Friday

For those of you who are regular readers of this blog, you might suspect that this week it may be Coco but no, until she is fully toilet trained and has a few more manners I think she will be off the favourite list.  Though she is a dear and it is lovely to have the unconditional love of a 4 legged friend, who jumps for joy when you walk in the door.  

This week has been a busy one, as well as the usual run around it was Parent Teacher Interviews,  which were all good, and then on my usual day off   I worked at Hetties for a few hours this week which was quite fun.  Only trouble was I had the time to look around and see a few things that I just have to have so I don't think I will be making any profit from that exercise.

Those who know me know that I love gadgets and this weeks FTF is a gadget that I have had for a while and it always comes in handy for needle turn applique.  They are Perfect Circles, and they will help you make the perfect needleturn applique circle in a jiffy.



There are two sizes Bigger Perfect Circles and the standard smaller size which come on a handy little ring so you don't loose them.    I just happened to take them away to Pirie with me and I was surprised to find that Rosalie hadn't heard of them.

I got mine from  www.ozquilts.com.au but I am sure if you ask at your local quilt shop they will be able to get you a pack or two.  

For more FTF check out Mrs P's page.

 

8 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

I love those circles they would be excellent for applique. Thanks! I have been trying to reply to your lovely comments last week on my blog but the postman kept advising me of a delivery failure. So a belated thank you for your lovely comments.
Blessings Michelle

Anonymous said...

guess what I've got mine now to..and as they only arrived today will be introducing them to my quilting group next week ps also got some needles from oz quilts and finished some stitching from the port pirie weekend...tahnks for the tip

Marg said...

I haven't seen those before, they look great, I will have to keep my eye out for them. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Didn't even know those things existed. Thanks for the info. The four legged creature will be a fav again...

Shay said...

I think you're experiencing what is known as the settling in period with Coco. I lost a rug, my bridal bouquet , a floral arrangement, a sach handbag and two pairs of very expensive shoes during our settling in period with Lola.

I had never seen those circles before. They might be handy to have around for all sorts of things . I love gadgets too!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Now, I'm glad you said they will, "help you make the perfect needle-turn applique" because even with those, I would still mess up the applique and be far from perfect. I suspect those circles would only get me one step closer to perfect. :D hehe

Kate said...

Cool gadget for FTF.

thea said...

I want to do some applique so this might just be the gadget for me ...