05 January 2012

WIP

As I said yesterday I am a couple of days of finishing the first half of the cross stitch.  Love the fact that you don't have to make the fabric.  Don't love the fact that I think I have managed to unpick just about every letter so far because I have found a mistake halfway through.

The flower border continues round 3 sides and that is quite quick and easy to do because it is repetitive, now that I am just about past the corner just have to watch the thread changes.

The second side has the rest of the letters (apart from Z for some reason) and another floral motive and a couple of birds thrown in so that will be fun.  I think I am going to make this into a cushion when its finished with lovely wide moda ric rac along the edge.

Bought a couple of more pattern the other day... they might even come today.  

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Looking good! Love the way the border is coming along...perfect project to while away the summer!

Shay said...

Is there anything you don't do Amanda?

I love this!

Leanne said...

You have been busy.