10 March 2013

Favourite Things Friday

I know I am late for FTF this week.   I was laid low with an ear infection on Thursday night.  Luckily I was able to squeeze into the Dr's before work on Friday but I ended up coming home early from work because I just couldn't think straight with the pain no wonder kids are miserable when they have an ear infection. Yesterday I was still not 100% but today I am feeling much better.

So on to FTF.  One good thing that happened on Friday is we got our first electricity bill since having the solar panels fitted.  Every 3 months I would cringe when the AGL email came and find the $1000 at least to pay for the thing and this period with the peak summer tariff on top would have been worse.  However this time we were really excited to receive the bill so we could find out how long it will take to pay off the system.    Our bill was effectively only for 6 weeks because they didn't count the reading up till our new meter was fitted at the end of January.  But the bill was in credit.

We assume that we will have to pay for some electricity over winter this year as we haven't had enough summer sun to accumulate credits for winter however, at this rate the system will be paid off within 3 - 4 years.

We have a 9kw system spread over Nth and West facing sections of our roof which consists of 36 panels.  The majority of those are over our family room, none can be seen from the front of our house so we are lucky.  One the inverters makes a bit of noise when it is generating a lot of power but apart from that we have no other complaints and it has been money well spent.

My FTF is our Solar Panels.  Head over to Mrs P to check what everyone else is up to.


4 comments:

thea said...

Very cool on the solar panels. very nice favorite.

Kate said...

Wow, that's a huge difference! Great favorite.

Hope you are 100% now. Ear infections are definitely not fun.

Shay said...

My favourite thing about this entire post is the idea of not having to pay an electricity bill!

Hope you're fully recovered and running round like your usual self.

Shay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.