19 September 2013

Inspiration

I went walking this morning.  It always amazes me how that walk down by the sea  can clear the mind of all my cares and allow my creative juices to flow once again.   Looking at the muddy churned up seaweed infested water and the overcast sky made a few ideas that have been floating around in my head come together.

I have been thinking of my next big work for a few weeks now and I think I am ready to start sketching and then sewing.

A little parcel from the Crewel Goblin arrived today.  It is Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Collection for this year.  It is in 12 parts each a sampler with the aim you can complete each one in a month.  I think I might just be collecting them for a while.  Because I am drawn to those Valdani and Cosmo Threads at the moment and the amazing Tim Holtz fabric.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Oooh ...texty fabric . One of my favourite things. I'll be watching this space with interest to see what your creative juices have come up with.

Leanne said...

Walking is so good for the sole. Love that print fabric.

Kate said...

You've got some fun stuff there to play with. Looking forward to seeing what comes from those fabrics and threads.