22 July 2014

All good things must come to an end

Today we are back to routine again.  Maestro had a pupil free day yesterday, but Squid went back toschool.  As much as I hate having to go to work when the kids are on holidays at least it makes it a little easier when there isn't that rush to drop them off before heading out.

Friday I knocked off from work and headed to the Sewing Stitching and Craft Show, which had grown exponentially since last year and had quite a good selection of vendors.  I just hope Adeladian's have spent up so more vendors will come next year.  Cheap entry helps and I certainly spent the money I saved on the entry ticket in the show.  I managed to blow my budget pretty quickly because Can Do Books where there and Unique Stitching.  I really wish I had a bit more cash because I really could have picked up a few more mixed media supplies.

I've picked up my applique quilt again now that Xmas in July, which kicks off on friday, is all done.  I got a heap done last night, I seemed to power through the flowers last night.

I also cut out another version of my beginners class quilt evening and pieced half the blocks yesterday.  Bit slower today, my neck and shoulder is playing up... roll on Thursday were I will be have a torture session remedial massage.

The beginners class starts next Tuesday so if you have been toying with the idea of learning how to quilt or would like to brush up on the basics contact Patchwork by Sea there may still be a spot or two.

3 comments:

Shay said...

I have heard many collective sighs of relief from parents over the last two days with school being back in.

Love the look of both those new flowers – almost psychedelic – absolutely beautiful!

Leanne said...

As always your appliqué is wonderful I do love that back ground fabric.

Kate said...

Drama Teen starts school in two weeks, but she's had twice daily volleyball practice, which has been nuts.

Love your applique flowers, so colorful. Hope your beginnings class went well.