26 December 2014

A Lovely Christmas

I think this year was the most relaxed I've ever been at Christmas, my present shopping was completed before I headed to Melbourne and I did the food shopping on Sunday and there were just a couple of last minute things I picked up on Tuesday evening.  The tip is to go around 5.30 when people are still coming home from work and I'm convince there is a mental thing to head out after tea, it was still busy but there were plenty of parks.

The Melbourne trip was a bit different this year, I decided I wasn't going to rush around shopping the next day.  Our Head Office moved into the city this year and the boss picked me up from the hotel and we went into look at the new accommodation.  They have spectacular views of the city, the Yarra, Fed Square, Rod Laver Arena and if only they removed that big building in front of it the MCG.

























I went to luccello on the way to the hotel on Friday and purchased a couple of Christmas Decorations and some Valdani thread.  The shop has changed over the years and I think there is less vintage and more fabric now which is a shame.



Saturday I headed to the Aquarium and spent a couple of hours looking at the fish and then walked to the DFO just for some window shopping and then off to the airport and home.



I worked from home Christmas Eve and I was able to do quite a bit of prep work and just really chilled out and got up early Christmas day to put the turkey in the oven.

DH got a Webber Q for Christmas, he had no clue.  We talked about it this morning and he couldn't figure out when I purchased it and when I told him November he couldn't believe that the kids had kept their mouth shut for so long and how it had managed to be kept under wraps at my MIL as he had been in and out of the hiding place a dozen times.   I'm just glad that we weren't relying on it for  cooking Christmas day as it took him most of the morning to put it together.

The Turkey was perfect again this year, thanks to the moister plus setting on my oven,  but I did manage to over cook the dinner rolls for the 2nd year in a row.

I got a new phone for Christmas which arrived Christmas Eve and a couple of T2 gifts, a small ice tea jug and a tea flask which is amazing (keeps tea piping hot for about 3 hours) and the kids got more than enough to keep them busy for the holidays and beyond.

I'm off from work until the 12th and I have 3 quilts to finish.  I plan to allocate a couple of hours each day to get those done.    But today I need to head out to the sewing room and see if I can find that sewing table because I dumbed a heap of stuff there to get it out of the way yesterday.  Catch you soon and have a lovely break for the holidays.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Merry Christmas........

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a wonderfully relaxed holiday. Enjoy your time off and I hope you get to spend some time in the sewing room.