10 January 2016

Last Official Day of Holidays

My holidays have come to and end, I return to work on Monday.  Its seems like I haven't been to work in an age.  I have had lots of rest but have had a migraine for the last couple of days which has been a big pain in the backside luckily it has eased off and I can now sew more consistently.

I have been using my time to cut into my stash of liberty fabric.  I have been wanting to do something with them for some time but deciding on just what was becoming an issue.  Looking at the filler blocks in the BOM I decided that I really liked the Ohio Star Blocks but want to put them on point so I have decided to combine four 6" blocks to make a 12" block and put these on point.  The idea is to make a quilt big enough for our queen size bed.  We will have to see how willing I am once this first lot of chain piecing is finished and how many blocks I can make out of all that I have cut.  I have plenty of background fabric so that is not an issue just if I have it in me to do 35 blocks necessary to complete a queen size quilt.


Earlier this week I posted a free pattern on Quilting Focus so if you are looking for a quick easy quilt to complete head on over and download the instructions.

I think it will be a while before the above quilt is in any state to show progress pictures.

Catch you next time.


1 comment:

Kate said...

I really like your plans for the queen size quilt. Hope you survived your fist week back at work. That first week back always drags for me.