15 July 2017

Tree of Life Progress


Mo and I headed out for a walk this afternoon.  We made it to Henley Square which is about a 6km round trip from our house.  The local creek looked pretty spectacular but Mo was more concerned that I would drop my phone off the bridge as I took the photo.  
At least Mo now follows the rule that if you take the lead and the dog does a No 2 you have to pick it up and put it in the bin and not leave it to your mother to do.

The sky was pretty threatening but we made it all the way there and back and didn't get wet.  I think most of the weather action was out to sea.  The view on our walks never get old.

Conversations with Mo are always interesting on these walks nothing seems to be off limits... last week there was discussion about sex ed at school and what the other kids had told her they talk about ... this week we had 2 ladies and an older gent walking towards, us he was wearing lycra .... I only hope he was out of earshot when she said "OMG did you see his bulge that was just gross".  To tell the truth I registered the lycra and made sure to keep my eyes at head level.  She couldn't believe that I had missed it.


Progress Report on Tree of Life: I have been working on borders this week.  The top and bottom border of the Tree of Life is all stitched on and I have put together one of the side borders and have the 2nd side ready to piece.   I have chosen the corner stone design there will be only one template at this stage and i will probably use 4 different fabrics for the knots.  

I am working on the next version of Putting it all together and with any luck will post Version 3 in a few days, so you can get working working on the border if you want to.  Once I have finished the border and have the final Putting it all together version ready to post it will stay there for a month before heading to my Etsy shop. 

1 comment:

Kate said...

Beautiful photos! That's look like a nice place to walk. Drama Teen and I do girls night out about once a week. It's her chance to talk about anything and everything. We have similar conversations about life, love and politics. I'll miss those dinners a lot when she heads off to college.